Thursday, August 4, 2011

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a while to get into this book but when I finally did I found myself in love with this book. Or rather with one particular character: Tucker. Seriously, you would have thought that I would like Christian better, but no.
Clara has visions of her upcoming mission that involve certain hottie from school, who she happens to feel attracted to even though he has a girlfriend. She's a very good girl, to the point that she blindly follows her mother's instructions. You'll know what I'm talking about if you read the book. Because I'm sure anyone would love to read a new intake on angels, such as this.
As for the rest of the characters, they all had a voice of their own. Clara's two best friends are really awesome. And also totally opposites given the fact that Wendy is human and Angela is part fallen angel. Fallen angels are called Black Wings and they are your equivalent of depression walking around.
The love triangle, even though very much used in the YA genre, I didn't mind that much. Tucker is in love with Clara and she loves him back but she also has feelings for Christian. I honestly think that Tucker is best for her. At times Clara behaved like, well, silly just because Christian wasn't there for her or something like that. I hated it when she was whiny. Other than that I loved the book.


View all my reviews

No comments: