Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tiger's Quest by Collen Houck

Tiger's Quest (Tiger's Curse Series #2)
Tittle: Tiger's Quest 
Author: Collen Houck
Series: Tiger's Saga 2


Author's Website
Twitter
Blog


Synopsis:
Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest-this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them.


My Review:
I loved this book so much! It had everything I loved in a book: Romance, Problems and lots of action. In that same order. Amazing! But before I say anything else I want to make sure we understand each other and you know that since the beginning I was a Ren girl (are there teams yet? If not, there should be) and so I was extremely unhappy with what happened in the last books. How could Kelsey leave? But I understood why. I didn't like it, though.
The book picks up right where it left off in the last one, which is really awesome, and Kelsey is back in Oregon. She starts college with Money that Mr. Kadam gives her for her help with breaking the curse that binds Ren and Kishan to become tigers, but she still longs for Ren's company and love. Now, the funny thing is that she starts 'dating' other guys and not all of her dates go according to plan.
Anyhow, Ren comes back and they also start 'dating' so Kelsey can be sure she wants to be with him. Keshan also makes an appearance and just when they think things are going ok, they are attacked and Ren is kidnapped. I was so mad when this happened. Hated every single moment that Kelsey was away from Ren. He doesn't make an appearance until later, which gives Kishan an opportunity to be with Kelsey.
From then on the action starts.
Kelsey and Kishan go through some more tests and get closer to breaking the curse, which brings them closer to each other than I thought.
the second installment in this series had me so captivated that I read it in one day and half. I couldn't put it down any more that I could stop thinking about the characters. Ms. Collen did it again, and much better. The plot evolved and moved on easily. The characters grew up a bit more and I felt like they were more real since last time. Because last time Kelsey didn't interest me as much as this one, I actually felt she was more alive and that I wasn't just reading some tourist guide's POV.
I wasn't disappointed with the ending at all but I was left thirsting for more. I can't wait for the next book.



Book Trailer


No comments: