Thursday, August 4, 2011

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Unlike the first two books I didn't find myself so into this one. The first hundred pages were kind of boring with all the moping around and emo side of Sam. It wasn't until later that the action picked up and I began to get into it. Mostly because of Cole and Isabel's POVs, they brought some spice and humor. They're romance kind of overlapped Sam and Grace because the latter were most of the time moping around.
I found myself more in love with Cole than Sam. Cole seemed alive and he brought action into the story. While Sam was too sad most of the time. Grace seemed off too, but I guess that turning into a wolf does that to you.
The plot revolved around how to get the rest of the wolves into safety because Isabel's father had organized a hunt to kill the wolves after another girl was found dead. It was a good plot and, as always, the writing was lyrical and awesome. My problem was Sam and Grace. They weren't nearly as... well, important as before. They didn't go with the flow. It took me a while to finish the book but when I finally did, I didn't feel satisfied. This series was too awesome to have such ending and so I was left disappointed.


View all my reviews




1 comment: