Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Season Of Eden by Jennifer Laurens


Title: A Season of Eden

Author: Jennifer Laurens


Published October 20th 2008 by Grove Creek Publishing

Author's Website

Facebook 

Twitter 


Rating: 5.0

Synopsis:

He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible. I let the door silently close at my back. He stared at me, and a taut quiet stretched between us. "I like hearing you play," I said, moving toward him. He turned, in sync with my slow approach. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. I rested my clammy hand on the cold, slick body of the baby grand. "May I?" The muscles in his throat shifted, then he swallowed. "Eden." My knees weakened, like a soft tickling kiss had just been blown against the backs of them. "Is it okay?" I asked. His gaze held mine like two hands joined. He understood what I was really asking. "Let me stay," I said. "Please." "You're going to get me in trouble," he said.



My review
OK,so I am going to tell you the truth.......I haven't read in long time and when Gen insisted I read this book I was a bit hesitant.Now all I can say is that I'm glad she persisted. First of all, The apple in the cover is so ironic since wouldn't that be the correct thing you would offer a teacher? An apple to say that you appreciate them teaching you. Yet it is also the symbol of the forbidden fruit in Adam and Eve's sin. Hmm ,just think about that for a second. This book was heart pounding at times and sweet at others. But it was most definitely charged with sexual tension. You could feel the chemistry between Eden and Mr.Christian. I don't know how the others couldn't feel it sizzling in the air. I mean, come on, you got to admit that you have had a crush on at least one of your teachers before. 
Eden the protagonist in this book is a rich girl who has it all, friends and a boyfriend who seems to love her. But all that becomes childish when she meets her new choir teacher, Mr. Christian. The instant they meet sparks fly and from then on it's impossible for them to stay apart. Eden begins to like him more and more as time goes on and she gets to know him better. 
This book was so good because it kept you one the edge of your seat thinking, "When are they going to hook up?" and then "Oh man!." The whole book revolved around Mr. Christian and Eden as they struggled to have a relationship even though it's forbidden because she's his student. It was one of the sexiest books I've ever read without the sex part. That's exactly what keeps you reading the book. It's sweet and just perfect. 
Now, the music. Oh, the classical music. Who doesn't like a guy with good taste in music and magic hands? Uh? Ahem. Yeah. That's what I loved the most about Mr. Christian, his sweetness, good manners and passion for Music. He was the perfect man, yeah, a man and not a boy, which is the only thing Eden knows. 
So, what are you waiting for? Do you need more to go to the store and buy the book or something? Have I not given you enough reasons yet?
Love. Sexual tension. Sweetness. And amazing music! Not to mention a man worth putting make up on! Swoon. :D 


Book Trailer



This second video contains a lot of spoilers! I just posted it for those of you who would love to see it AFTER reading the book. 



Personally, I like both videos but there's something about the guy who plays Mr. Christian in the second video that I liked better than the first one. The second video has dialogue and lines from the book, you can watch it but it will probably give a lot away. Still, don't say I didn't warn you. 


My question is, which guy looks more like Mr. Christian to you? Which video do you prefer? 


Ginga>

No comments: