Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne


Still Waters

Still Waters

by 
Synopsis: 
Hannah can't wait to sneak off for a romantic weekend with her boyfriend, Colin. He's leaving for college soon, and Hannah wants their trip to the lake house to be one they'll never forget.
But once Hannah and Colin get there, things start to seem a bit...off. They can't find the town on any map. The house they are staying in looks as if someone's been living there, even though it's been deserted for years. And Colin doesn't seem quite himself. As he grows more unstable, Hannah worries about Colin's dark side, and her own safety.
Nothing is as perfect as it seems, and what lies beneath may haunt her forever.
My Review: 
Still Waters is unlike any other book I have read. It kept me wondering what was going on until the end. I honestly couldn’t understand why Colin was acting differently in the Pine House. I thought that he was probably possessed by an old ghost from the house, or that maybe he had multiple personalities. At the end of the book, it turned out that what had gone on at the Pine House was very different. The last chapters were very intense and they kept my attention all the way to the end. I would have never guessed the ending. It would have been better if we were given more information on Jack, though. I felt like I needed a little bit more on him at the end. However, overall I really liked the book. Hannah and Colin’s relationship felt so real. I really enjoyed reading it. It was as if I could feel everything Hannah was feeling. There were very good descriptions overall. 


Rating: 4.0


Emely

No comments: