Thursday, May 5, 2011

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Firelight (Firelight, #1)

Tittle:Firelight
Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: Firelight #1





Synopsis:
A HIDDEN TRUTH
MORTAL ENEMIES
DOOMED LOVE
Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet of her kind, she nearly pays with her life, only to be spared by a beautiful stranger sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki--a descendant of dragons whose ability to shift into human form is her best defense.
Forced to flee into the mortal world, Jacinda struggles to adapt. The one bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irrestibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away - if it dies she will be left a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.
Mythical powers and irresistible passion ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide ...

Review:

I loved the book! It was just so intense and full of passion. While Will and Jacinda met in a cave where she was hiding from hunters, I just knew that it would be intense. I mean, since that first time they saw each other and Jacinda mentioned 'the pull' she felt towards him it was obvious where that relationship was going. Not only because he's a hunter and she they prey, but also because she's supposed to be Cassian's mate. That changes when she flees with her mother and twin sister into the human world and goes to school like a human.
I understood her anger with her mother because I would probably be mad too if MY OWN mom wanted to kill a part of me. It was very frustrating seeing how she and her mom fought over that because clearly Jacinda was right. Her Draki is a part of her.
The characters are very well-developed and the plot line was ok. Will fell in love with her pretty quickly and at the end is revealed why, or at least a theory. He's very protective and loving. But sometimes she gave me the impression that she was just using him because she didn't want her Draki to whither away, though later she said she couldn't be away from her and that she loved him. It was all so intense!
I only found one tiny, little flaw: The climax of the story wasn't nearly as explosive as I thought it would be.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the book and saw it coming, but the climax of the story wasn't quite what I expected. I thought something huge would happen! Heck, I hoped it. But I was a bit disappointed. It was an amazing cliff hanger, though and so I hope to be able to read the second book. 


Author's website
Facebook
Twitter

Book Trailer:
Rating: 4.0


Ginga>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review, I have been wanting to read this book. I found you via your book blogs email and am now following.